CMCI Workshop: Agent based modelling for quantum optimization problems
Info about event
In this workshop participants will be introduced to the problems attacked in the Quantum Measurement and Manipulation group dealing with challenges in the development of a quantum computer.
We approach the problems from two perspectives. First, we have developed online games allowing users of the internet to help solving the problems, and secondly we develop agent-based simulations to optimize as efficiently as possible in the complex optimization landscape.
Activities during the day
- Introduction to quantum physics
- Introduction to crowdsourced quantum problem solving
- Introduction to agent based optimization (ABO)
- Matlab exercise: analyze player behavior
- Matlab exercise: calibrate and run a ABO optimization
- Visit to the CODER lab where the games are developed and the physics lab where the quantum computer is being built.
The workshop is part of a workshop series held by the AU network for Computational Modelling of Complex Interactions, for more information go to cmci.dk/activities.